｜Chilled green beans in sesame dressing｜
There are always so much to do on every Mondays, working and cooking and preparing tomorrow’s lunch, it’s never easy to beat Monday blues every week.
Feed yourself some cool easy healthy dish is one good way to boost your positive energy for the week. make a nutritious veggie dish like chilled beans in sesame dressing and store for 2 to 3 days in your fridge to get your week easy going.
What you need:
– 1/2 lb green beans
– 5 tbsp homemade sesame paste
– 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
– 2 tbsp mirin (japanese cooking wine)
– some salt
– 3 tsp maple syrup (or your desired type of sugar)
What you do:
1. chop up your green beans into bite size, about 1inch long then cook in boiling water for about 3 mins (watch when the beans turn from forest green to grass or lighter green)
2. strain your green beans in cold water and lay your beans out to cool
3. then mix with the dressing prepared above and store in the fridge (best is to cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours)
p.s. the best for any chilled dishes is to keep your veggies fresh and crisp, therefore avoid overcooking your green beans!