Health supplements have become essential daily intake to many people, I still prefer real food than pills, so I’m really looking into what real food I can actually eat to supplement my health instead of swallowing tens of tasteless capsules everyday.
To be more precise, I’m currently looking to supplements for stronger, healthier hair, and of course for my scalp as well. What really caught me into this is hair is definitely often being ignored compare to other parts of our body like skin, hands, eyes, etc. but having healthy hair adds youthfulness, glow to your overall appearance.
Apart from having a hair care routine like cutting and treatment, I was looking into what sort of vitamins we need and found that Iron and Protein plays a very important role in preventing hair loss and stimulating hair growth.
Iron deficiency can cause brittleness and hair loss, because low iron affects blood flow to the scalp, therefore it’s important to ensure we have enough iron. Iron deficiency is often common in women of childbearing age and women who regularly have heavy menstrual periods. Iron rich foods includes dark green leafy vegetables, brown rice, nuts and red meat.
Working hand in hand, protein is another essential key player to helping stimulating hair growth. To make it simple to explain, cell growth and repair requires protein; in another words, brittle hair strands needs protein to repair and new hair growth needs protein to generate. Complete proteins contains all essential amino acids like dairy products cheese, milk, soy and yogurt.
And to strengthen hair follicles, focus on foods that are rich on omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, B Vitamins and Vitamin C.
Here’s a list of real foods you need to preventing hair loss and stimulating hair growth:
- iron — broccoli, spinach, beans, seeds, lentils, nuts, red meats (vegetarians and vegans can ignore this!)
- soy, almonds, broccoli, spinach, lentils, brussels sprouts, lentils (for vegetarians and vegans)
- eggs, yogurt, milk, seafood, white meat poultry, cheese
- omega 3 fat — fish like salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines and seafood, flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts
- seeds, nuts, beans, legumes (for vegetarians and vegans)
- red meat, shellfish like oyster, milk, cheese, eggs
- B Vitamin
- almonds, seeds, dark leafy greens
- Vitamin C — oranges, red and green peppers, broccoli
To sum up, seems like broccoli and nuts are really good stuff for your hair and scalp! And don’t forget to add a minute massage to your scalp to stimulate blood flow while conditioning your hair after shampoo.
蛋白質 － 黃豆類、杏仁、西蘭花、雞蛋、奶類、雞肉
奧米加3 － 魚類如三文魚、沙甸、鯖魚、核桃、奇亞籽